How to sign up for Amazon Prime Student?
You will need a valid .edu email to sign up for Amazon Prime Student. From there, Amazon will ask for your intended year of graduation. And it is done. If you still have access to your university email, this offer is open to you.
If you do not have an .edu email address, you can register using an alternative form of proof of enrollment, such as a school ID or current transcript.
How much does Amazon Prime Student cost?
Students can test out Amazon Prime for six months at no cost. In comparison, the typical Amazon Prime comes with a shorter 30-day free trial.
After the trial period ends, you will be charged a discounted rate of $6.49 per month or $59 per year. In comparison, Amazon Prime comes with a 30-day free trial and then costs $12.99 per month ($119 per year).
For what it’s worth, JPMorgan estimates that an Amazon Prime membership is actually worth $785 a year. We thought the standard Amazon Prime subscription was an excellent deal, but with the discounted rate and benefits offered to Amazon Prime students, it’s a no-brainer.
Amazon Prime Student Benefits
Amazon Prime Student includes many of the Prime benefits the average person cares about: free next-day or two-day shipping on over 100 million eligible items, unlimited streaming of tons of your favorite movies and TV shows, unlimited photo storage, 30-minute early access to choose Amazon Lightning Deals and unlimited access to over a thousand books on Prime Reading.
Do Amazon Prime members free access to Amazon Music?
In addition, Amazon offers discounts on purchases of school supplies such as technology and college supplies. You can find them all in Amazon’s Off to College store, with many items eligible for free Prime shipping in the next day or two.
However, the Amazon Prime Student subscription has a few bonus benefits. And just in time for the back-to-school season, Amazon has added some tempting student-exclusive deals on food delivery, relaxation tools, travel and homework help:
- Free GrubHub+ student membership (reg. $9.99/mo) that includes unlimited free food delivery (off-campus orders over $12) plus 10% back on pickup orders
- Three months of calm for free (regularly 7-day trial), then $8.99 per year for unlimited access to music, bedtime stories and other relaxation tools (regularly $69.99 per year)
- One month of Course Hero free, then $9.95/month for 24/7 homework help and study guides (regularly $39.95/month)
- Up to 10% off already discounted flights and hotels from StudentUniverse plus free premium customer support with every booking ($7.95 value)
Additionally, Prime Student customers have access to several continuing, special deals for college students, such as:
- Showtime for 99 cents a month for up to a year (regularly $10.99 a month)
- Epix, Allblk, Lifetime Movie Club and more channels for 99 cents a month (regularly up to $10.99 a month)
- Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents a month (regularly $7.99 a month with Prime)
- Two months of Kindle Unlimited free (normally 30 days free)
- Up to 90% off college textbooks that can later be redeemed for an Amazon gift card
Amazon Prime comes with a shorter 30-day free trial.